Happy Friday everyone and a very Happy Mother’s Day to all of you! Hope your weekend will be filled with love and pancakes in bed.
• My mother’s day gift has to be the fact that ‘Zilla recently turned the corner from having a ho-hum nonchalant attitude about ice-cream into a little gelato gourmand (above). I am looking forward to some messy ice-cream indulging this weekend.
• Speaking of… When I was tooling around the Capsule Design Festival last weekend I made a stop at the much talked about liquid nitrogen Smitten Ice Cream in Hayes Valley (above). Yes, the ice-cream is made with liquid nitrogen on the spot! If you visit, you won’t go wrong with their vanilla.
Odds and ends:
• If you are truly looking for a last-minute for meaningful Mother’s Day gift, visit IRC’s from Harm to Home. You can contribute pre-natal care or other services to needy mothers on behalf of your own mother. You’ll receive an e-card that you can zip right over to her this weekend.
• Ok, not to overshadow Mother’s Day or anything but if any of you have a hot hubby out there, I Village is holding a Hot Dads Contest. It’s time to get your pretty boy into the limelight!
• And finally, these pretty necklaces (below) are designed by Natha Perkins at Luscious Metals. While it might be a little late to get these in time for gifts, I highly advocate treating yourself to some personalized bling!