Want to make a Vogue-worthy skirt out of your paper scraps and newspaper? I’m fortunate to have a lot of crafty hands at the studio and Sarah (with extra help from Sam) shares her fun “Make” for a mom and daughter dress up skirt with us today…
Need a new outfit to play dress up with your daughter ? Here is an easy and fun recycled skirt project, perfect for mom and kids to wear ! Use any kind of scrap paper laying around, make sure that they are all the same length, or have scissors handy to make adjustments.Get crazy and personalize the skirt with your own drawings. Let your creative juices flowing, have fun!
What you need:
- Newspaper (a lot)
- Clear packing tape
- Scissors to manage length of skirt
- Open desk or floor space
2. Once you have stapled the necessary amount of paper together for the waist, make sure to lay the construction down on your open craft space.
3. Begin vertically folding pages of newspaper to your desired thickness.
4. You can staple your vertically folded pieces perpendicularly into the waist band.
5. Continue with step 4 until there are no longer any ‘peeps’ in between the folded pieces of paper. Layering will result in a thicker piece.
6. Secure waist band with velcro strip.