Go Dog Go! Party

by Cat on May 9, 2011

by Designing Mom Kate of The Proprietress

Oscar LOVES the book Go Dog Go –and upon reading would put any hat (or pot, or pan, or garbage can lid) on his head and say “Do you like my Hat”?  “No, I do not”,  I would reply.  This was a fun game that inspired his 3rd birthday party theme.

The invite was easy – I just scanned the book, found a Dr. Seuss inspired font and added my own copy.  I sent it out as an electronic invitation.

Decorations were inspired by the book over – the orange, white and green led to crepe paper “door” and big balloons.  This was the hit of the party – the kids ran back and forth through the crepe paper strands for hours!   We used orange bags and the same Dr. Suess font to make silly goodie bags for the kids.

We set up a “Do You Like My Hat?” craft station so the kids could decorate their own hats as well (though admittedly – they were much more into playing with toys and the crepe paper).

I baked my first cake (!) using orange and green dye and white icing for a two layer surprise! The kids loved it (I was impressed with my non-baking self as well!).

All in all, a very simple, easy to plan, easy to put together party that works for girls or boys who love Go Dogs Go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Sophie May 9, 2011 at 10:43 am

That was your first cake? Congrats! The rest of the party is adorable as well. It looks like the kids had a great time!

kate May 9, 2011 at 6:08 pm

thank you!! yes – my first cake! i bought the cutest vintage tiered cake pans on Etsy to make them.

Pumpkinbear May 12, 2011 at 6:12 am

So cute! I love themed kids’ parties so crazy much. My girlies are great at choosing odd and wonderful themes for their birthday parties–last year one daughter chose the theme “rainbows” for her fourth birthday (can you just imagine all the great rainbow stuff that you can do for a party?), and this year my other daughter is already planning her ocean-themed party for later this summer.

Stina July 23, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I am planning a “Go Dog Go” birthday party for my son’s 3rd birthday next month! I just googled the phrase and came upon this post. I was going to do a “Make a Party Hat” craft table too! Love the crepe paper decoration idea. For my favor bags I was going to get little random things that are in the book (yo-yos, pinwheels, little cars, etc). I would love to see more pics and ideas if you have them (my email is included). Thanks!

Hayley August 22, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I was looking at this for my daughters birthday. Did you have a special program to do the invitation? I see that you scanned the book, but I mean to type over the words that were already there. Did you use photoshop or something? I am trying to figure out the easiest way to do this. Feel free to email me if you have time with any good ideas.

shauna January 12, 2013 at 6:33 am

Darling! What a GREAT party idea, ALL my toddler and preschool age kids always just love this book!