by Designing Mom Jackie
For the past year, my friend Lisa has been organizing a monthly craft night at her house. This month, we decided to rotate houses so I volunteered to play hostess. I suggested we try a freezer paper stencil project that I had read about on Katie’s blog. I am pleased to report it was a huge hit! Super easy, super fun, and super fast. I am completely addicted to this now, and find myself wanting to stencil everything in site. My husband is a little concerned. He is hiding his socks as I type this.
- Image(s) that you want to stencil
- T-shirts, tote bag, tea towels or anything else you want to stencil onto
- Fabric paint
- Paint brush
- X-Acto knife
- Freezer paper
- Find an image you want to use as a stencil. There are plenty of websites with or you can use an image from a book. My advice is to keep it simple when you are starting out.
- Lay it on the freezer paper (waxy side down!) onto a cutting mat and use an to cut out your design (cutting it out of both the paper and the freezer paper).
- Take the freezer paper and iron it onto your t-shirt or fabric.
- Paint over the stencil with washable fabric paint (available in a zillion colors).
- Wait a bit until the paint is dry, and then peel of the freezer paper.
- Voila! You’re done.
Let the addiction begin…