by Designing Mom Jackie
4″ x 6″ index cards
2 or 3 pieces of 8.5″ x 11″ graph paper (or any other scrap paper)
pencil or butter knife
optional: computer printer or rubber stamps
1) If you want text on the cover of the journal you have a few options. You can hand write it, use rubber stamps, cut out letters/words from magazines/newspapers, or simply print the words/images directly onto the index cards directly. I used clementine font for mine and after a few tries, got the formatting perfect.
2) Fold each piece of graph paper into quarters and cut along the fold lines.
3) Place the pages together and fold.
3) Use a pencil or butter knife to create a consistent crease with all the pages.
4) Fold your index card in half and smooth down the left hand side with your pencil/knife.
5) Bind the book together with a standard stapler. I suggest three staples – one on each end and a third in the middle. Make sure the the smooth side of the staples are on the outside of the book so they don’t catch on anything.
YOU’RE ALL DONE!
* For another variation on this project, readers can check out these postcard journals from Design Sponge.